Daily Slimming World Recipe: Easy Winter Squash Curry


I know winter is here when I start seeing a lot of winter squash at the grocery store. Butternut squash is my favorite kind, and I eat it all winter long. Luckily for me, when you’re on the Slimming World diet you can eat all the veggies you want, so I don’t have to limit my intake of butternut squash.

"Slimming World Butternut Squash"This Slimming World recipe combines butternut squash with two other things I really like, but had never thought to combine: lentils and curry. I love lentil soup, but I rarely cook with them otherwise. Also, I would never have thought to add curry to butternut squash. Most recipes that call for butternut squash usually use cinnamon and nutmeg for the flavoring. So I thought this was really inventive. And delicious!

Ingredients:

1 Butternut squash

1 Onion

500 ML’s of Vegetable Stock

2 TBSP curry paste

100 grams red lentils

1 can Chopped Tomatoes

Fry Light

Frying Pan

Baking Dish or Slow Cooker

1. Prep the onion and butternut squash. Chop the onion and peel and dice the squash. (If you’re having a hard time cutting through the squash, throw it in the microwave for around 30 seconds.)

2. Spray the frying pan with Fry Light and turn to medium high heat.

3. Place the onions and sauté until softened.

4. Add squash to the pan and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring every few seconds.

5. Remove from heat.

6. Add the contents of the frying pan to either a baking dish or your slow cooker.

7. Place the rest of the ingredients (lentils, curry paste, tomatoes, and vegetable stock) in the baking dish or slow cooker.

8. If you chose to bake this dish in the oven, put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 190. For slow cooker, cook on low for 6 hours.

You could serve this dish for a Slimming World dinner with rice, or as a side dish with some chicken.

Syns-4, 1 per serving. For a syn free version, use curry powder instead of paste.
Be Sociable, Share!

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق