Daily Slimming World Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken with Tamarind and Chili

I love my slow cooker. It may actually be one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen. I love starting dinner in the morning, and then having it ready for me in the evening. Plus, I love the way my house smells when something is cooking in the slow cooker.
"slimming world chicken tamarind"Now that I’m doing Slimming World, I’ve been looking for some good recipes to use with my slow cooker that fit in with my new way of eating.  This recipe for tamarind chicken is easy to make, and only 2 and a half syns. However, it may be easy, but it’s not bland. The garlic, onions, and red chili give it a little spice!

This Slimming World recipe does require a little bit of prep time in the morning to brown the chicken and the vegetables, but I think it’s well worth it.

Ingredients:

8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Fry Light

1 Onion

1 Red Pepper

1 Red Chili

2 Cloves of Garlic

1 Tablespoon of Tamarind Paste

1 Tablespoon sugar or preferred sweetener

1 Teaspoon turmeric powder

2 Tablespoons Flour

450 ML Chicken Stock

Salt

Pepper

Coriander

Frying Pan

Slow Cooker

Directions:

1. Chop red pepper, chili, and onion. Set aside.

2. Grease the frying pan with Fry Light and set to medium high heat. Place the chicken in the frying pan to brown and then remove the chicken and place in slow cooker.

3. Place chopping onion in the frying pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes.

4.  Add red pepper, chili, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2 more minutes.

5. Add sugar, turmeric, and tamarind and sauté for 1 minutes.

6. Place flour in the pan and mix.

7. Add chicken stock.

8. Season with salt, pepper, and coriander, to taste.

9. Bring mixture to a boil and then add to slow cooker with the chicken.

10. Put the lid on your slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low.

You could serve this Slimming World Recipe with a salad if you don’t feel like doing any cooking in the evening. Or, you could sauté some more veggies and serve the chicken on top of the vegetables.

Be Sociable, Share!

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق